Thursday, April 21, 2011

New York and CSW

Wow!!! Who knew New York was this big?! Being a first timer, I was overwhelmed at all the sights, sounds, and wonders the city has to offer. I am in between sessions, so this blog will have to be brief.
We arrived in New York on Tuesday, a little after noon. After arriving at the hotel, the sight seeing began! Being a 'foodie' I went with Kurt to explore the culinary delights the city had to offer. While out, we visited one of the H&M stores, bought a few casual clothes, and then came back to the hotel for our first session. I have to say, MUN is like any career or field; you learn about 30% in the classroom, and 70% in formal session. There are so many people! At first, everything was very overwhelming. There are delegates that have extensive knowledge regarding the history of the United Nations, its Commissions, Committees, and all participating countries. I was fortunate enough to sit next to a delegate representing the country of Namibia. She was kind enough to show me the ropes and walk me through the first day. Y'all would be proud of me! I was the first delegate to speak at the CSW during the first formal session! Woop Woop!!! Okay, I have to get to session. I'll be back on later to give a slightly more detailed account over what has happened. Keep sending the good vibes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment